I had ACL reconstructive surgery and a scope to my meniscus yesterday. Coming out of anesthesia, I was terribly hot and nauseous. After spitting up a few times in my recovery room, the nurse insisted that I have some sprite to settle my tummy. It worked, and today I start again with zero cokes (yes, that is synonymous with all 'sodas' or 'pops'--I'm from Texas) until Easter.
So in the two-and-a-half months since my last declaration to keep up with blogging, a few things have certainly happened. As I alluded to in a previous post, I went to visit Eric in Okpo, South Korea at the shipyard he was working at. We stayed in his fully-furnished one bedroom apartment. He still had to work most of the days, but I had fun exploring the little town.
After five days in South Korea, we hopped over to Tokyo on New Year's day. Because of the timing, we were unable to see any Sumo matches or training, nor were we able to visit the Tsukiji fish market (the biggest in the world!). However, we were able to visit a shrine, the shopping district, Shibuya Crossing, and eat at the top of the Park Hyatt, among other things. Our accommodations were INCREDIBLE at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills.
A couple weeks later, we made it out to Breckenridge to get our annual snowboarding trip in the books. We were joined my sister (in-law) Vicki and her hubby Ronnie, Lance and Liz our great friends from Midland [wedding Sept. 20], and Paige and Pat our great friends from Denver [wedding Sept. 13]!! We are so fortunate to have people in or lives that like to travel and we can stand to be around for several consecutive days :) It was a blast watching the Broncos win their playoff game at the bar at the base of the mountain!
The first weekend in February, I spent time with Fadya and 14 other ladies celebrating her bachelorette weekend. Between Pete's Piano Bar, Wine tours and a night out on 6th Street, we had a great time! Unfortunately, that weekend ended watching the Broncos get spanked in the Super Bowl...
I spent the next weekend in Houston, Valentines day as the 3rd wheel with the fabulous friends we've made in OKC and the first weekend in March standing in John and Fadya's wedding. Whew.
Meanwhile, the week leading up to the bachelorette party, I blew out my knee in an Over-25-Indoor-Soccer game, [second game of the season] so I went through February with a bum knee.
Alas, here I am, two days down and approximately 7-9 months to go before I am 'back' to 100%. I am already feeling helpless and trapped by my immobility... thankfully, the hubby and puppy are excellent caretakers thus far! Perhaps being so stationary I will post more blogs (and corresponding photos) about our 2014 adventures to date!? (Or, just watch a lot of netflix and read lots of books in between naps.)
xo.
ms.
No comments:
Post a Comment