I looked back at my old blog and realized that my last entry was in anticipation of our move to Midland last spring. I was worried about our house selling in Houston [sold first showing, first day] and finding an option in Midland that was reasonable [found a house we liked and paid so much more than it was worth]. Fast forward 20 months and we have already been residents of Oklahoma City for months. Like, about three months... woah.
Midland was certainly west Texas at its finest. Dirt. Pump jacks. Wind. Heat. Flatland. And then-- living near and meeting some of the best friends we will have in this lifetime. I had about a 7 minute commute to work and 3 minute drive to one of my BFF's house (Yes, at 28 years old, I used the term 'BFF.' Judge me.) I started playing golf, wasted lots of shot trying to kill clay birds, found an appreciation for a cigar with wine and discovered the good-ol'-boy culture of the oilfield. We purchased a couple hundred acres in the beautiful hill country of Texas with a good friend, and hosted our first (of many to come) crawfish boil. We had a heck of a Halloween Party at the house and spent many nights grilling, drinking and watching TV on our patio. We wiped dirt from the window sills daily and embraced bottled water--because you JUST CAN'T drink from the faucet in Midland. It was a learning and growing experience, out in the wild wild west.
So now here we are in OKC--loving it.
![]() |
| Our first snow at the 3rd Casa Shults. We are loving the variation in seasons! |
So, here's to another attempt at keeping up with my blog-- Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment